1. Membership of ‘Golf for Business’ entitles each member to 12 months membership upon approval of a completed Application Form together with agreement of the Direct Debit Mandate.
2. Each member shall be entitled to membership of their designated networking group, which shall commence on the 1st day of the month after the Application is approved.
3. A member shall not be entitled to any benefits of membership at their designated golf club and ‘Golf for Business’ reserves the right to alter a venue in the event of circumstances outside of our control.
4. Should a member wish to cancel their membership they agree that they will provide ‘Golf for Business’ with at least 2 months written notice, during which period membership fees will be required to pay in full.
5. Should a monthly networking event be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or for reasons outside of our control, every effort will be made to rearrange a date, however, if after liaising with the golf club this is not possible a refund or credit for membership fees shall not be applied, however, in such an event ‘Golf for Business’ reserves the right in their absolute discretion to offer an alternative.
6. Each member will be invoiced by ‘Golf for Business’ on the 1st day of each month either by Direct Debit or annually by way of Bank Transfer or Cheque.
7. If paying by Direct Debit members will be required to pay membership fees on the 1st day of each month. If membership fees are not paid within 7 days of the date they are due then ‘Golf for Business’ reserves the right to charge a late payment fee of £20.
8. If membership fees are not paid within 30 days of the date that they are due, whether demanded or not, then the members membership shall be terminated with 2 months cancellation fees then being payable; such fees shall be non-refundable.
9. At all times members of ‘Golf for Business’ shall act with respect and integrity towards fellow members, staff and members of their designated golf club and also to the wider public.
10. Any member seen not to be upholding the standards expected by ‘Golf for Business’ shall have an opportunity to explain their actions, however, at all times ‘Golf for Business’ reserves the right to cancel a members membership at their absolute discretion.
11. In the event of a dispute between members, such matters shall be dealt with privately between members if at all possible. Should a dispute be unable to be resolved privately then the mater shall be referred to the owners of ‘Golf for Business’, who shall have the final decision at their absolute discretion.
12. The following handicap rules shall rules are to be adhered to by all ‘Golf for Business’ members when participating in monthly networking events.
13. If a member has a CONGU handicap then they should use this when playing events. All members without a CONGU handicap shall play their first event, following which a handicap shall be assigned taking into consideration that members score.
14. In order to keep ‘Golf for Business’ golf events fair and competitive, if a member wins a monthly event then the following handicap deductions shall apply:
Handicap of 28 – 36 = 4 shot deduction
Handicap of 20 – 27 = 3 shot deduction
Handicap of 11 – 19 = 2 shot deduction
Handicap of 0 – 10 = 1 shot deduction
15. A member shall have the option to request a review of their handicap 2 months after a shot deduction. In considering such a request, ‘Golf for Business’ shall take into account the members average score in the events played since the shot deduction.